about david crane
David Crane – Self Defense & Krav Maga Specialist and Consultant, Lead-Instructor
“If I doesn’t work in a real situation, I don’t teach it!”
Dave has over 40 years experience in martial arts, self-defense and defensive tactics. In the late 1980’s he served in the Royal Newfoundland Regiment (Canadian Army reserve Infantry unit) and currently works in Law Enforcement for the Federal Government. Dave is also a Krav Maga, Self-Defense and fitness school owner and instructor.
In 2011, Dave opened the first and only IKMF Krav Maga school in Edmonton until 2017 when he left and opened the first KRAVolution school. Now he is a member of the T3 Team who he has been a student of founder and expert Jean-Paul Jauffret for several years.
Dave obtained his Close Protection armed and unarmed certificate with Jean-Paul Jauffret – T3 in 2017, he retains a high-level of knowledge and expertise that he forwards to his students, with his specialty program(s) that involve an evolutionary form of self-defense (Krav Maga) blended with physical fitness he is able to help you boost your strength while building your self-confidence and self-esteem. Dave has hundreds of 5 star ratings and is sought after throughout and his teachings have empowered many.
Dave’s been featured in the Shirley McQueen – 95.7 CRUZ FM Edmonton Blog, Edmonton Journal, Fine Lifestyles magazine, YEG Fitness, ShawTV, CTV Morning Live.
Self-Defense and Martial Art Skills:
- Krav Maga – Internationally recognized Specialist, Instructor & certified ranks
- Defensive Tactics – Internationally recognized Instructor
- Judo (Black belt) – Internationally recognized, registered in Canada & Japan
- Kickboxing (Black belt)
- MMA (Black belt) – Aikijutsu, Kyokushin Karate, grappling and weapons
- Tae Kwon Do
- Close Protection (Armed and Unarmed) – Internationally recognized
- Self-Defense – Federal Government
- Communication – Crisis Management
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT)
- NCCP certified coach (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Verbal Judo (Communication)
Fitness is a by-product of what we teach. By customizing fitness techniques with Krav Maga you are able to achieve a high level of fitness while learning practical self-defense in a controlled safe environment while having fun doing so.